GENEVA – The LYCRA Company has issued its highly anticipated global trends forecast for Autumn/Winter 2020-2021.
Each year the fashion experts from Stijlinstituut Amsterdam create a capsule collection that showcases the latest legwear innovations from the company’s portfolio of brands including Lycra, Coolmax and Thermolite brands.
The forecast is seen as a valuable source of inspiration for The Lycra company’s legwear customers, who have exclusive access to the trends before it is released to a wider audience. This enables customers to use the trends and create the season’s must-have looks. “We have been inspiring our customers with our legwear trends forecast for more than 20 years; it’s a value-added benefit of working with The Lycra company that our customers appreciate,” said Sybille Bald, global segment Director – legwear. “This year’s trends tell a story of inspiration and possibility and embraces size diversity. Each look features technologies we have developed to satisfy unmet consumer needs in legwear comfort and performance.”
Below are the forecasted legwear fashion directions and innovations selected for socks, hosiery and tights, knee-highs and trouser socks, thigh-highs and stay-ups for Autumn/Winter 2020-2021:
The young, urban creative community takes a curatorial approach towards style—allowing for coincidence and mixology, while celebrating the unpredictable.
- Look 1 – These cheerful rainbow knee-highs feature Lycra Made To Fit You technology to comfortably fit plus size calves. The top band stays in place without digging in or leaving red marks.
- Look 2 – Classic camouflage gets a colorful update and enhanced durability. These socks feature Coolmax toughFX technology, which helps keep the wearer cool by transporting moisture away from the body.
Back To Black
Black comes alive when combined with luminous and fluorescent bright colors.
- Look 1 – These leggings feature Thermolite Far Infrared technology to generate gentle warmth, while Lycra Black technology provides durable true black color with no glitter or grin-through.
- Look 2 – Lycra Fusion True To You technology prevents ladders/runs, enhances the natural shine of legs, and offers a 3D-fit that keeps its shape.
Rich, dramatic colors and metallics signal a rebellious and glamorous feminine revolution is on its way.
- Look 1 – Lycra Made To Fit You technology creates stay-ups that stay up and feel like a second skin, which makes it perfect for everyday wear. This looks is enhanced by run-resistant Lycra Fusion technology.
- Look 2 –These shimmering, eye-catching socks feature Lycra Soft Comfort technology to reduce red marks on the skin and Lycra T400 technology for excellent shape retention.
These looks pay homage to the past, but feature today’s most advanced technologies for greater comfort and lasting performance.
- Look 1 – Fishnets reimagined. These knee-highs feature Lycra Compression technology to revitalize tired legs and LYCRA® fiber for a better fit and lasting shape retention.
- Look 2 – These argyle-inspired socks are made for the 21st century and feature Coolmax EcoMade technology to keep the wearer cool and dry. This fibre is made from 97% post-consumer waste, which extends the life of polyester through recycling and reduces waste.